Have you ever felt like you’re on an emotional roller coaster that just won’t stop? You’re not alone. I’ve felt that way the past month or so since moving to a brand new city & state. I was seriously having emotional breakdowns several times a week & thought that things just wouldn’t get better. After talking to several of my close friends, going on a road trip, & praying a lot I’ve finally figured out what was going on. I realized that I need to restore my relationship with God. Today I want to share with you how you can help calm down your emotions even when you’re going through some really tough times.
I’ve been battling a lot emotionally due to being in a new place, feeling lonely at times, binging due to being on a restrictive diet, & some financial things as well. I continued praying, but felt like nothing was changing. Then I realized something huge – I was not putting my relationship with God first. You CAN restore your relationship with God just as I have done recently. So here is what I started thinking & doing that I thought would help y’all out as well:
- Don’t worry about things out of your control. Do everything you can to improve it & give the rest to God.
- Don’t let a bad day turn in to a bad week or year. Things won’t always be a struggle.
- Keep your friends close & don’t spend too much time alone when you’re going through hard times.
- When you feel like it’s too hard to stand, get on your knees & pray.
- Remember the good things that you have that going on & be thankful for them. Just don’t think about the bad.
Those were just things that helped me out mentally. I also started doing new things in my daily routine that have helped me out with restoring my relationship with God:
- Listen to worship music first thing in the morning & spend an hour with God & in prayer.
- Go outside & be active. Take a walk. Do some jumping jacks.
- Call a friend. Skype a friend. Hang out with a friend. (Don’t be alone when you’re down!)
- Listen to Elevation sermons & get plugged in to other similar resources.
- Cook something fun that makes me happy.
- Read more. Read personal development. Read books for fun. Read books about God.
- Listen to worship music at night while falling asleep. Spend time with God during the day.
Doing these things the past couple of weeks have truly helped my mental stability & my emotions lately. I feel so much happier than I did a few weeks ago & I feel comforted by God. I’m no longer worried about all of the things I was a few weeks ago. I realized I needed to stop trying to control everything & run to God & let Him know how much I need Him. I know I cannot do anything without Him & I don’t know what I was thinking before!
So I really hope you know if your relationship with God has faded like mine did for a bit, it is possible to restore your relationship with God. He will be waiting for you with open arms
Please RT or share with anyone this may help!
As always, don’t forget to love yourself!