If you’re going to change anything, it all starts with YOU. And your environment hugely contributes to everything about your life. Your thoughts, your moods, your motivation levels, your beliefs, your confidence, and I could keep going. As most of you know, for half of my life I was overweight, dark, depressed, far away from God, and disrespected myself and others. I had been yearning for a change in my life and then one day I finally realized I had to change my environment in order for that to happen. Seriously, i’s all about environment.
Here are just a few things in your environment that could be affecting your life:
- Living Space
Now I want to tell you why each of these things could affect you.
- People – This one was the toughest one for me to change, but it had the biggest impact. When I gained all my weight, my friends all stopped talking to me and started making fun of me. I went from “popular” to an outcast basically. So, I made all new friends and it was with the wrong crowd. After associating myself with the wrong crowd for so many years, even in to my adulthood, I realized that a lot of these friends were not helping me move forward in life. They were negative, had unhealthy lifestyles, liked to party, didn’t have big dreams, & were just lazy. As much as I loved them, I had to distance myself from them because it was having a negative impact on me. Once I did that, my weight loss became easier and I started surrounding myself with people who believed and supported my big crazy dreams. It’s all about environment.
- Foods - This one is pretty obvious, but seriously if you’re keeping unhealthy foods in your living space that is just going to derail you if you’re trying to be healthy. When you’re eating unhealthy foods this can affect your mood and how you feel about yourself. Which will then in return affect your thoughts and all other areas. Body, mind, and soul all work together. Eating a healthy balanced diet will give you energy and make you happy. It’s all about environment.
- Music/TV - I basically stopped watching TV earlier this year and stopped listening to mainstream music as well. There is so much negativity out there and there are so many females on TV that us women will compare ourselves to. Actresses don’t look like your average person, the news has nothing positive to share, and TV is a waste of time and energy for the most part. And music is about the same. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, and Katy Perry just to name a few. But, I blast Elevation Worship music all day er day! It’s all about environment.
- Books/Reading - This year I started reading a lot of personal development. This was something that was absolutely foreign to me that I had never done before. Do you know how much this has changed and impacted my life? I have grown so much as a person and feel like I am growing all the time, which in result will help me to change my life and others. If you’re reading the news or other negative things, you’re likely to not be as happy and positive, or be growing. It’s all about environment.
- Living Space - This one is super important because your home/apartment is where you live. I’m really huge in to this and I do pay more for my rent than most people would want to pay. But, since I work from home I want to love where I live. It’s peaceful to me. I also have lots of pictures with motivational quotes and pictures of family and friends that make me happy. I make sure to keep my apartment clean and tidy because if I don’t my mind can’t function as easily. It’s all about environment.
So if you’re looking to make a change in your life, take a look about your environment. Since I’ve done this, my entire life has transformed. If I surrounded myself in a negative environment like I used to then I have no doubt I would be more tempted to go back to my old ways. It’s all about environment.
I know a lot of people out there struggle with this self , so PLEASE re-tweet & share this post so that I can help others!
Remember to always love yourself,