In honor of Transformation Tuesday, I wanted to share with you how God has transformed my life.
Because you CAN create your dreams. You CAN live the life you’ve always wanted.
I’m having a total God moment where I’m like “pinch me, is this really my life?!”
I’m standing in front of my new DREAM apartment that I’m moving to in a few weeks in South Park. It’s upstairs from Earth Fare & there’s also a yoga studio, breakfast restaurant, & a Starbucks all in the same plaza. The apartment was just updated & has beautiful granite counter tops (I’ve always wanted those). All my favorite stuff in one place?! What?!
I’m not sharing this to brag I’m sharing this to say The Lord is so amazing!! Why? Because this was my DREAM apartment that I was afraid to go look at because I kept telling myself looking from the outside that I could never afford it. But The Lord has plans to bless us all abundantly & lavish us. He wants that for us more than we do for ourselves!
What you don’t see about my journey or what you don’t know about me is all the stuff The Lord had to change in my heart to make all this happen.
- just a few years ago I was 60 lbs heavier, depressed, smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, got drunk every night, & was a disrespectful nasty person
- I used to be so shy & lacked self confidence so much that I wouldn’t talk to people in public (in fact I avoided it)
- I was made fun of in high school & all my friends stopped talking to me when I gained weight
- I went through many bad relationships & even a divorce at the age of 19
- I was stuck in a rut at a job I hated that gave me no freedom, yet I settled because I was too afraid to change
- just a year ago I quit my job as the Director of Residence Life to follow my passion with my business & change lives & I was scared out of my mind (maybe the most scared I’ve ever been) but listened & trusted in The Lord
- the last year has been absolutely amazing, but the hardest year of my life
- I went through a depression when I first moved here last year, I binge ate, I stayed inside & watched TV & isolated myself because I was embarrassed to talk about my struggles
- I’ve failed so many times it isn’t even funny in my business
But The Lord had amazing plans for my life & once He changed me & my heart in so many areas, He made all of this possible. Everything I went through was for a reason. It’s developed me in to the person I’m meant to be & He is still continuing to work on me.
Every struggle I’ve had, He has turned it around. It’s all taken me to exactly where I was supposed to be. And I’m continuing to trust in Him every step I take & do everything in my life to glorify Him.
I share this story not because life is about material things or fancy places. But because I want to glorify God for all He has made happen in my life. Because none of this would be possible without Him!
Wherever you are right now is exactly where you’re supposed to be. Never give up. Create your dreams. Walk with The Lord & He will help you make all your dreams come true.