Happy Monday ! I actually got inspired to write this post while listening to the song “Freedom Reigns” by Jesus Culture. I began to really think about the phrase & about the sermon at church from over the weekend. I know a lot of you know my story, but I just wanted to share the POWER of how the Lord can truly give you freedom in your life. I’ve been going through many trials the past few months, but would you have known that about me if I didn’t tell you? Because of the Lord I am able to stay joyful through it all. Let me tell you how the Lord has changed my life because where the spirit of the lord is there is freedom.
Here is just a list of all the things I was struggling with only a few years ago:
- I was overweight. I was an emotional eater. I ate horrible foods.
- I drank a lot of alcohol. I was drunk every night.
- I smoked cigarettes. A pack a day if I had a day not drinking (which was unlikely). Days that I drank I probably smoked two packs.
- My happiness depended on my boyfriend. Without him around I was miserable.
- I had no self confidence. I had poor self body image. I didn’t believe in myself. I spoke negatively to myself daily. I didn’t believe my dreams would ever come true or were possible.
- I was shy. I was afraid to talk to people I didn’t know. I was afraid to share about myself when I did meet people.
- I was at a job that was draining me emotionally. I wasn’t treated fairly.
- I didn’t have many meaningful relationships or friendships. I would just hang out with the people who would drink with me.
- I was far away from God. I had no idea what having a relationship with Him was about.
Now to counter all of these things, let me tell you how my life looks today:
- I lost 60 lbs. Yes, I’ve gained a few because of muscle. But, my eating is under control. I eat delicious nutritious foods that give me energy & help me stay healthy.
- I rarely drink alcohol. It just ruins my goals & progress.
- I quit smoking. It disgusts me now to be quite honest.
- I’ve been single for two years & couldn’t be happier. I found myself again, have been growing myself, & my relationship with God.
- I am way more self confident. My body image is improving. (It’s a process for me.) I believe in myself & KNOW that all my dreams will come true & that they are possible. Because anything is possible through Christ.
- I LOVE being social & being around people. I love making new friends. I’m an open book! Anything I can share, I will, in hopes it’ll help others.
- I now get to do what I LOVE & am passionate about. I would do it for free. My business is filled with a bunch of amazing people & I am so blessed.
- I’ve become friends with so many great people & formed so many meaningful relationships. People that are like minded that also dream big & love God.
- I found God again & Jesus is my #1 homie! I love my devotion time, being in the word, my church, my life group, & doing anything I can to help further His kingdom.
Do you see now that where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom? I would have not been able to do any of these things without God. Once I found Him again, He helped morph me in to the person I am today. I used to worry so much about every little detail. I used to want to control every situation. It’s still hard for me to not have control (it’s my personality), but I know that everything happens in His time (even if I don’t like it) & that He has a plan. There is no need for me to worry because I know God is by my side. I feel like I have broken the chains of bondage. Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
Please RT or share with anyone this may help!
As always, don’t forget to love yourself!