Does this picture not look amazing?! I want to devour that apple up right now! LOL! I have been doing a lot of thinking about how I’ve stayed healthy during the holidays the past 3 years. I’ve also been doing a lot of research so that I can help y’all do the same! Halloween is coming up right around the corner so I wanted to help everyone get ready so that we can all have a healthy Halloween!
Here are a few tips to help you stay on track:
- Make healthier versions of “naughty” foods. You can find all kinds of recipes for healthy desserts. I use my Shakeology to make desserts all the time – there’s even a Reese’s recipe out there! And don’t forget to grab my ebook when I release it next month for lots of ideas
- When you take your kids trick-or treating, walk instead of drive. This will help you burn some extra calories while also enjoying time with your family.
- Plan ahead. Grab some easy recipes from my Pinterest board & plan out what you’re going to make. http://www.pinterest.com/jbaum87/healthy-halloween/
- Drink lots of water & eat a healthy meal before handing out candy or going out with your kids. This will help you to be able to say no more easily to all that candy.
- Enjoy some candy in moderation. If there’s something you’re really craving, eat one or two small pieces. If you don’t satisfy that craving & completely deprive yourself, you’re going to go crazy & end up binging.
- Be an example. Have healthier handouts for your neighborhood. Be that person that hands out apples. You will be an amazing example to your own family & lots of other families out there.
Instead of this…
Why not something like this…
You CAN have a healthy Halloween this year by implementing these steps. Just remember it’s your body, your life, you’re in control. Do something that you will be proud of. Honor God with your body & remember it’s your temple. Have a Healthy Halloween!
Please RT or share with anyone this may help!
As always, don’t forget to love yourself!