Emotional eating is something that so many people struggle with on a daily basis. It is definitely something that I’ve struggled with most of my life. Whenever I’m stressed, I tend to crave carbs & sweets. Whenever I’m upset or sad, I tend to not want to eat. Certain foods also cause us to binge, leading to even more emotions. I’ve started learning so much lately about how to overcome emotional eating, so I want to share it with you.
- Figure out your mood. Keep a journal & jot down notes of how you’re feeling whenever you eat something. Keep note of your mood & what you ate.
- Ride the wave of your emotions. Emotions and life has ebbs & flows. Try just riding out those emotions instead of going overboard with eating or doing something that you’ll regret.
- Don’t empower your vices. Eating unhealthy foods when you have negative emotions can create your body to feel like you need those foods. Grab something healthy like a fruit or veggie instead.
- Healthy coping. Try doing other things to deal with your emotions. Go outside for a walk, call a friend, meditate, pray.
- Conquer the hard times. Stop telling yourself you’re too busy, you’re too stressed, etc. now to lose weight or get healthy or get your eating in control. Challenge yourself to stay healthy even in stressful times.
I know that overcoming emotional eating can be very difficult. But, by applying these few things that I just gave you it’s totally helped me out. I wanted to teach you how to overcome emotional eating so that you’re no longer looking at this cupcake like I so often did.
Please RT or share with anyone this may help!
As always, don’t forget to love yourself!