Do you feel like this is you? You’re not alone!! I lost 60 lbs a few years ago & have maintained that weight loss since then, but I have been struggling lately with the food aspect. Food is by far the toughest part about a healthy lifestyle, but it is the most important. Your results are 80% food & 20% fitness. So, what do you do when food is your best friend and worst enemy? I’ve finally figured it out today & wanted to share with you.
If you’ve been reading my previous posts, you know that for the past few months I’ve been eating a very bland diet. When I say blend, I mean egg whites, veggies, & the occasional bowl of oatmeal or slice of Ezekiel bread. And my Shakeology of course. That was it! I was working on getting more toned, but over time I realized this was not sustainable. I’m not going to be in a bikini competition so why deprive myself so much?! I started binging on the weekends whenever it was supposed to just be my cheat meal. I realized that food was my best friend and worst enemy.
So here’s the deal y’all! We have to go back to the simple basics:
- Eat more fruits & veggies. I aim to eat one of the two at every meal.
- Get your exercise in. Shoot for at least 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week.
- Get enough sleep. Relax. Don’t stress.
- Listen to your body, not what others tell you.
- Calories in vs. calories out. You must be burning more calories than you’re consuming.
- Everything in moderation. If you make a food “off limits,” you’re just going to go out of control whenever you do consume it. Or you’re going to just keep eating other stuff until you fulfill that craving.
- Make healthy versions of “naughty” foods. There are TONS of substitutions that you can use to make recipes healthier. For example, instead of mayo use plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
So are you still wondering what to do when food is your best friend and worst enemy? Well, it does take time y’all. You do have to be patient, persistent, & dedicated. But, it doesn’t have to be restrictive. It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change. And if you’re still unsure of what to eat – I have great news for you!
I am currently working on two major projects that will help you figure out how to have a healthy relationship with food.
- Recipe E-Book – I will be releasing an E-Book with my friend Sarah with tons of delicious recipes that are simple & healthy. We are aiming for November, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Holiday Survival Guide – I am launching a 6 month program where you’ll learn how to survive the holiday season without gaining weight, but still enjoying delicious foods. You will learn how to make this a lifestyle change & even lose weight & keep it off for good.
Here are more details on the holiday project:
I really hope this article helped you because I’ve personally struggled with my relationship with food my entire life. I’m finally back at a happy point with it again & I can’t wait to help you do the same. So now I hope you know what to do when food is your best friend and worst enemy! I truly also hope to see you in my holiday group as well, it’s going to be amazing!
Please RT or share with anyone this may help!
As always, don’t forget to love yourself!