Happy Monday loves! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! So I was just sitting down to make a video for my team of coaches I mentor. I felt compelled to share here because learning to switch your mindset can literally change your entire life.
I don’t know if I’m the only one, some weeks I just am in a complete funk. There have been times where I have let one bad choice with having a few too many black bean brownies throw me off for the ENTIRE rest of the week. It becomes like a downward spiral. I know sugar can cause negative thinking based on research I have been doing & BOY IS THAT TRUE!
Whenever this happens, then I start beating myself up for my mistake, eat entirely too much more food the again, & start feeling full of self doubt, & fear. I tend to then worry about EVERYTHING imaginable! And I KNOW to not worry because God has my back & will always provide. But then I just start feeling so down in the dumps!
Then I doubt that I could ever make a lasting change with my “slip ups” from healthy eating. That I could ever gain more success in my business. That I could make an impact on changing the world. Doubting EVERYTHING!!
Then luckily God always reminds me & leads me to amazing things, one time in particular it was a series of videos on how to switch your mindset. I have now listened for HOURS to many different videos (Marie Forleo has an awesome YouTube channel, loved many of her videos). Then I always spend some quiet time with God. Journaled. Pray a lot. Have a lot of alone time.
Then I always feel A MILLION times better! I feel on top of the world after I do these things! I always come out feeling better than I did before I went in to the silly funk. Learning to switch your mindset can seriously change your entire life.
I found this awesome picture on Pinterest that I thought would be super helpful & encouraging for you!
Learning to switch your mindset is a process. Because of all I have gone through during my 27 years on earth (gaining 60 lbs in middle school & being overweight till I lost that 5 years ago, being made fun of & abandoned by all my “friends” after I gained the weight, a divorce, & I could keep going) it has been TOUGH for me, but it has been worth it! Here are my top 5 tips to switch your mindset:
1. Do not focus on the bad. Focus on the good. Because what we focus on we get more of. I know this is hard, we are wired to focus on the negative. But, think about what is going WELL for you & what you have to be thankful for.
2. Start each day with some type of exercise & quiet/devotion time. I like to start mine with PiYo & then spend the next two hours in the Bible, journaling, praying, sitting still in God’s presence, & then reading a great personal development book (right now I am reading “Switch” by Chip & Dan Heath). If you aren’t a spiritual person, try some meditation.
3. Do daily affirmations. Think about how you want your life to look. Make a list. And PROCLAIM it out loud DAILY! Make sure it’s in present tense. For example, “I am debt free.” This will train your mind to focus on the things that will help you achieve whatever goal it is you have in place.
4. Take care of yourself. Eating healthy foods is HUGE. Because sugar & unhealthy foods affect your brain & your mood (do the research, it’s scary because SUGAR does the same thing COCAINE does to your brain). Get enough sleep. Take time for yourself daily (even if it’s only a few minutes). Make time for YOU weekly too, to just unplug from technology, pray/meditate, go out in nature, just to center yourself.
5. Grab an accountability partner. This is what we do in my fitness groups & with my coaches that I mentor, so that I can help them gain financial & health freedom. When you have an accountability partner & someone you can report your progress to, you’ll be more likely to do the RIGHT behaviors. Also, having someone else to talk things through with when you’re having a bad day makes a WORLD of a difference!
So I hope this tips help you guys & please share with anyone you think it may help!
And don’t ever hesitate to email me if you just need advice or prayer or if you’d like to work on health and/or financial freedom yourself.
Till next time!